Thursday, June 6, 2013

Pining for Cedar

"Come back to center, back to the Heart," you say. 
And I give. 
The end of every man is in the peace of death,
to awaken, perhaps, to New Life. 
And so I know that there is good in us, 
not of our own making, yet it is there,
Still. 

So meditate, be motionless and return to truth.

No sooner have I let my lead foot off the brake 
that keeps at bay my emotional flood
of combusting fluids that
Spark into flame
then pass away..
let it all through, let it run clear,
Always, your face is at the front of this force
I resist, I give, I remember:
I Love you. 

 So briefly known, a glimpse of my dreams, the Light in the seams
I release you to freedom, to follow your way
Selfless Love
known always in retrospect
If I could reverse the way my heart beats
maybe I could keep you
but we are stuck in the forward motion of
Time's tidal wave.. So I surf on;
learn to keep this boat afloat

The gash you left in me 
when you made me
complete
is Where I finally felt the heartbeat
of my mother, my other, 
my source, my self. 

And everything. 

But everything's vacant without your sweet
Heartbeat. 

No comments:

Post a Comment