Monday, May 13, 2013

A White Owl visited me last night..

...And then I had to write raps and poems. :D


I tell myself silly stories
that bring out the deeper glories
in ordinary days
ennui and me can part our ways
as I cut through the haze..

with all the best to the cynics, the jaded hipster critics
my desire is to rise, my design to synthesize
poetry from plundered books
I sink my hooks in these novels
Salman Rushdie writes the words that make my language center grovel

just a lazy afternoon
images fill the space o' my room
with far off lands and colors
these henna hands of a lover
for a groom that she could cover
with her womb like a mother
but not too soon brother

these silver slivers of baubles, glittering beads and bells
please tell, now sister, how you hold yourself so well
in my brain fanatically spinning and swirling hurricanes
look for chains to fasten
to cling on and make this last a
fresh perspective
new growth, new green
we resurrect it
from the compost of our species
find the fertile from the feces
reconstruct me
God, love me
radiant sun above me
in the cells of the leaves
light turns to energy
you can taste it
in the fiber of the food with nothing wasted
in the cycle
let this paradise around me be my bible
my survival is dependent on the words that I keep spitting
imma thrive with this saliva
ha, back to the beginning!

On Wings, 2010, Acrylic on Canvas

No comments:

Post a Comment